Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Month Later

As you can imagine, a lot has happened in my life to keep me away from my blogging life.  That's my excuse and I'm stickin' with it.  Let me explain.

On June 1st, I drove with my daughter to the San Francisco area where my son lives.  Liza had agreed to live with him (he's a single father) for the summer while his kids were out of school.  It was an uneventful drive for the most part.... well, except for coming across a covered bridge in Oregon after we had pulled off hwy 5 to get an antacid for my upset stomach.

Even a covered wagon close by.  The bridge takes one way traffic but we only walked across it.  Very interesting.

Liza brought both dogs and they handled the car ride well... we stopped every hour or so for their walks.  Chubaca loved the wind in his face.....
Even Margot, the hamster came along.  The kids love Margot.  She rolls around in her ball when she isn't in her cage.  She's cute.

I flew back north because I had left my kitties behind and my other daughter was coming in twice a day to feed them.  I tried to leave them with my son at his house but they couldn't adjust to being there... hiding under the sofa and under the blankets on the bed, refusing to eat... so I brought them back home after 3 days away.  They were happy to see me back.... even happier than my daughter was to have me back.  haha

I was on the right (literally) side of the plane to look down on Crater Lake, created by a meteor or something similar long, long ago.  I'm going to go camping there one day... I hope.

Unfortunately, after traveling from 9am until 4pm - getting to and from the airport took a few hours - I arrived at the ferry terminal to find that the "vessel departed" just minutes before I arrived.  Waited almost an hour for the next one.  Luckily I had a book - Anne of Green Gables - that I wanted to finish so it wasn't a total waste of time.  My cat-sitting daughter picked me up at the other end, on the island where I live, and I was finally home to my happy cats.

I did absolutely nothing for a few days.  I was tired out and just couldn't move but once I recovered, I started to sandwich the Polka Party quilt so I could quilt it.

Then I started to work on the purse I hadn't finished before my trip.  So far I've made three and will be working on a 4th.  I kept one, mailed two to California for my daughter and a g-daughter and am giving the final one to my teenaged g-daughter who lives close by and is flying to California to visit her mother in a few days.  She'll be 18 in a few days so that's her birthday gift from me.

Jaik is helping me choose the next fabric.  Sure he is!  These cats will do anything to help out.

Nice to be back.  I haven't decided on which quilt I want to start next... maybe Sylvia's Bridal Sampler from Elm Creek Quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment