Tuesday, August 03, 2010

A short trip

Tomorrow afternoon, I fly off to San Francisco so I can drive back here with my daughter and her doggie, probably on Friday.  It's about a 14-hour drive so with two drivers we should be back here by Friday evening.  I found a good one way fare - $89/$99 w/tax - online.  Because my dd has a car load of her things coming back, I will take only a change of clothes, a toothbrush and pj's.

The vintage sewing machine forum I joined gave me links so I could date my cabinet model Singer; it's from 1938.  I had no idea it was that old.  It's in relatively good shape and it sews well.  But, before I sew with it, I want to give it some tender loving care to be sure all it's joints are oiled and that the motor is lubricated.  Oh, it needs a new belt also so that will have to be ordered before I do anything of any consequence on it... but I think I've already decided that I'm going to sew the blocks for Sylvia's Bridal Sampler on my featherweight anyway.

So, tomorrow at this time, I will be sitting in SeaTac airport waiting for my 8pm flight... and reading the book I can't put down, Andersonville by McKinlay Kantor.  It's an excellent civil war era story about the hated confederate prison in Georgia.

Ta ta.  Hopefully, I will update again this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment