Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dieting...and quilting

Diets. Yes, I'm dieting. My dd and dgd asked me to join them on My Fitness Pal...so, I did. So far, so good, have lost 8 lbs.  And just by writing down every bit of food that goes into my mouth.  I'm hoping that after a while it will become just the way I eat without thinking about it.

I've been working on a few more blocks for Sylvia's Bridal Sampler...and one's waiting in the wings because it has to be appliquéd.  The pieces are all cut out and pinned but I'll have to post that one later...haven't even started appliquéing it.

 This was difficult for me...all those pieces.

 Pretty easy block and I think it turned out well.


I'm getting there...almost half-way done.  I think I'm going to sash it and free motion quilt (FMQ) it in fourths.  Otherwise it will be too big to handle.  I think....








My next block which I'm dreading.  The instructions say to paper-piece...yuck!  But I do these quilts as a challenge to learn so every little block is 'a good thing'.

Fortunately, I'll have Jaik to help me.  He just loves quilting...can you tell?











So that's been what I've been up to....other than a birthday party for my DIL on Sunday.  She wasn't there but we ate cake anyway!!  I'll send her a picture of what she missed.  Today, my son is taking her to lunch and proposing with a two-carat diamond ring.  I asked him to send me an iPhone picture of the ring on her finger....I can't wait to see how it looks!


No comments:

Post a Comment