Wednesday, July 02, 2014

I'm going to be a GREAT Grandmother....and I mean GREAT!

Ha ha, I probably will not be allowed within 10 feet of my new grandson after he's born on July 10, 2014. By caesarean!

Anyway, I'm making him a quilt. Not sure that I like it much so it's a work in progress! 


Is it cute? I made it with flannel - front & back, but now I'm unsure what kind of border it should have! The back is yellow flannel with little elephants on it. I quilted it 'in the ditch' but I want it to remain soft so I'm conflicted about quilting more on it, like my daughter thinks I should.

I think I'll get some more of the dark blue (elephant) and the pale blue (blocks) and do a double border then bind it in dark blue. Too boring? Well, tomorrow I'm going to do it and hope I don't have to rip anything off! I'm also going to quilt around the animals by about an inch. I'll quilt elephants onto the blocks. I'll show you when I've finished it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment