Sunday, November 15, 2009

Quick Thoughts

I haven't worked on a quilt for a week now.  I wake up and mean to but it just isn't happening.  I've been caught up in teeny-tiny events that use up my day although I did see a man refer to his pick-up and drop-off driving as Driving With Love so maybe I'll think of it like that.  I seldom feel put upon when asked to accompany someone or drive someone somewhere so I'm not complaining except for the fact that my quilting isn't getting done.  But I'm not on a schedule and I'm not selling these things... I'm just making them for the fun of it so I must tell myself not to stress about not working on one or the other of them.  Right?  Right!

I ordered the book by Jennifer Chiaverini (sp) to make her Sylvia's Bridal Quilt so I'll soon be piecing blocks for that.  I enjoyed making my Dear Jane quilt and I think I'll enjoy this one... as long as it has NO stars in it.  I'm tired of making half-square triangles although people seem to admire the look of my current project.  Maybe I'll learn to love it.

I also want to comment on how prolific some bloggers are.  I read many, many sewing blogs each week and I'm just amazed at how much they get done and they find the time to blog also along with (usually) looking after a family and keeping house.  Yikes!  I don't even find the time to blog every day although as you can read, I always have lots to say... just no time to say it.  I guess I wonder where these thoughts were kept, to say what they wanted to say, before there were blogs on the internet.  And all those beautiful quilts were unseen

I bought tickets to go to San Francisco yesterday for one of my dd's and myself.  My son has rented a tent-cabin in Yosemite so we'll spend a couple of days down south of there too over Thanksgiving.  It was sort of a sudden decision and I didn't check with my dd although I knew she wanted to go see her brother also.  He's going through a divorce and it gets sticky at times.  I can tell it wears on him that he can't travel when and where he wants to until the court weighs in on who gets to do what with the two kids involved.  We'll have some fun that will take our minds off all the drama of real life.

I drove my DIL to the ferry early yesterday morning.  She was flying to SF for a birthday party.  Then later that night, I drove my granddaughter home and picked up some yummy chocolate chip cookies that her mother had made.

Do I have a picture to post?  My sewing area hasn't changed a bit from the last so... no, probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment