Saturday, March 13, 2010

Another quilt top done

Not only is that dad-gummed quilt top - Stars for a New Day - done but it was put away in my quilting closet right away.  People can tell me over and over how much they love the quilt but I don't like the colors at all and I regret that I chose what I did.  It taught me a lesson... just because the blocks are pretty and intricate, it doesn't mean the quilt is going to look good unless the fabric and colors are right.  Good lesson!

But time consuming!



















Here's a picture of the center.  Everything was fine until I had to choose the colors for the large star blocks.  The suggestions were for pink and green so that's what I used... and don't like.


And, I finished my Academy Award party dress.  It is hanging in the closet also because .... the party didn't happen!  Both of my daughters got very sick the day before the Oscar ceremony, so no party for us.




Jaik helping.








The top with sheer sleeves, ruffled shoulders and a ruched side.
Skirt with net fishtail. 

As you can see, this dress was not meant to be a serious item in my wardrobe... it was made for fun.  I feel like Kermit the frog in it.  I'm ready for Hallowe'en.






My next project is to hand-quilt my Dear Jane quilt... to get it on my hoop frame and work at it daily.

I also want to make some summer clothes so I've been to Pattern Review a lot lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment