Monday, March 22, 2010

Sylvia's Bridal Sampler

I can't make up my mind.  I've had a bad cold for a week now and haven't been going out so that I wouldn't infect others... I'm coughing a lot.  So I decided to make a block from the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler quilt.  I bought the book last year but didn't start on it because I didn't have the background fabric.  I want to make it in yellow so I think I'll dye some muslin a cheddar cheese color and use that.  I need about 12 yards.

Anyway.... I made a block (A-1) because I was bored.  I had some yellow fabric but just a couple of fat quarters so this is not the yellow background color I was intending... however I wouldn't be unhappy if I could duplicate this color.... not the pattern, just the color... kind of a golden tan maybe.  I really have to get out and buy muslin.... and dye.

The weather here west of Seattle has been marvelous.  Wonderful cloud formations and beautiful blue water and skies.


My rosemary is in full bloom which the hummingbirds seem to love... and I thought they were only attracted to red flowers.  Live and learn as they say...

My cats are bored because I'm not quilting.  Luckily, there are lots of yellow and red finches flitting around outside for them to watch... but not touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment