Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Quilter Has a Request

As I wandered through the internet looking for inspiration to make a baby quilt, I came across Lizzie's website.  She has a friend who is terminally ill and would like to make a quilt for her... not just any quilt, but a quilt with blocks from as many quilting sisters as will agree to send her one of their blocks.  Click on the link at the right at the top of the page and you'll be taken to Lizzie's blog page explaining how to get her address.

I think her idea is great and my two blocks will be in the mail tomorrow to her in Australia.  It's a long way to send them but quilters are world-wide sisters so I hope that others will send blocks also.

This block is one that I made for my Sylvia's Bridal Quilt but I've finally ordered more yellow fabric and I'll make another one when it arrives.  I love the bright cheery colors.






This block is one that was left over from a table runner I made.  I like the maple leaf pattern... and I was born in Canada so I think the maple leaf runs in my DNA.






My dd and I went to the state fair last week to see Willie Nelson, one of my very favorite entertainers and a very nice person as well.  We had a great time.

As you can see, we bought the program, making our contribution to the man who started FarmAid many, many years ago.  Like I said... a nice guy.



This little doggie didn't look too happy to be spending her time on a table at the fair but at least she was out of the rain... and look how cute she is... just had to take her picture.

The fair was fun although it did rain a little while we were there.  Luckily I had my cowboy boots and hat on to keep me dry. My dd went hatless.... a true northwesterner!

No comments:

Post a Comment