Thursday, November 18, 2010

Challenging blocks

If anyone wants a challenge, Sylvia's Bridal Sampler is the quilt that will challenge you.  There are things about the book that I would write differently eg: cutting instructions but the quilt is so pretty that it's worth the trouble to get used to how they're written.









And I've started on the next row.....
 This is the way it should turn out if I can get all those little basket handles sewn on by hand...
I should have been able to complete those four tiny blocks and got them sewn together today, but I became so tired that I could barely concentrate.  Well, a lot has been going on lately and I didn't push myself; I sat down with a New Yorker magazine and read and napped for a while.   I entertained my two daughters last night... not late, but I find hosting dinner a little stressful now for some reason.

Our weather has been getting down into the 30's at night, 40's in the daytime so it's been chilly and the forecasters are predicting snow on the weekend.  That would be the earliest we've had snow; it usually waits until December or January.  I'm prepared... winter clothing at the ready but if it's not raining outside, I prefer to wear a sweater until it gets colder in the daytime.

So, tomorrow the baskets block should be done and up on the wall.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment