Friday, March 18, 2011

Inconsistency, a trip and lack of imagination

First, my inability to maintain this blog may be frustrating but I really don't need to put pressure on myself to have to do something when I don't have the time or inclination.  Just sayin'... though I love keeping track of what I'm up to, I probably do it more for me than for anyone else.  I don't want to feel I'm failing... and I'm not.... I probably blog more often than I keep in touch with some people I know. lol

A trip that I didn't anticipate - spur of the moment - took me away for a few weeks and I've been catching up ever since.  I drove, with my daughter and gr-daughter through WA, OR, CA, AZ, NM, TX, LA, AL, MS, FL, GA, SC, NC and on the way back TN, AR, OK, NM, AZ, CA, OR and WA to arrive back home.  Long drive but I loved seeing all those States.  New Orleans in LA was the best but Asheville NC was a treat as well.
Grand Canyon in AZ

Houses on stilts-Pensacola FL

Pensacola Beach - gorgeous!

Looking a little chunky in New Orleans

Getting the finger in New Orleans

A pre-Lent parade

Saint Louis Cathedral in New Orleans

Coffee and beignets at Café du Monde

Sign in New Orleans shop























































































My 'wall' currently
#12 - 3rd row











































Now it's time to continue on my quilting journey.

I've only made a couple of blocks to continue my 'yellow quilt' lately but since I expect it to take me at least a year to complete all the blocks so I'm pleased with my progress.

And of course, one of my helpers....  Jules (Julius Joseph Garfinkel).

As for imagination, I always wrack my mind to figure out what to give people for their birthday and it's time for my most helpful youngest son's birthday and I just can't think of what I should get for him.... or make for him.  He does most of the cooking for his family so maybe some great potholders like I've seen others make?   And maybe some of those great beignets that I had at the Cafe du Monde in New Orleans!

No comments:

Post a Comment