Saturday, April 16, 2011

Golf... and quilting

I'm not sure why...maybe it's the time of year.... but I find that it's immensely enjoyable to sew while watching (?) golf tournaments on tv.  Today it's the Texas Open played in San Antonio, part of the PGA tour.  Last week it was The Masters in Georgia.  I don't play but I used to like to go watch the Nissan Open at the Riviera Country Club in Los Angeles... so maybe that's why I watch.  It brings back good memories.

It was my daughter's birthday last week and I found a Martha Stewart Baker's Apron pattern online that I thought she would like.  Luckily I had enough fabric to make it; I seldom have large lengths of material since I make scrappy (many-colored) quilts and buy fat quarters.  I lined the tie around the waist with a pretty dark red fabric and it looked fantastic on her, if I do say so myself.  I added a button on the left and decided to put it on the outside with a small yoyo as decoration.
Baker's apron 

I took Martha's suggestion and paired the apron with a fluted pie pan and a pie 'bird'.  My daughter makes the best pies so I'm hoping to be the beneficiary of a slice or two.

I intended to use circles to make a quilt for Japan quake victims but instead sent a completed top  and used the circles to make little quilts for under water glasses and vases that hold water.  I used old toweling as the batting and completed them by making my own seam binding to go around the edge.

I like these little 'sopper-uppers' so much that I'm going to make a few more to use as coasters. 

Hope everyone is having a good weekend....

No comments:

Post a Comment