Thursday, January 13, 2011

One More...

The 8th block of the second row of Sylvia's Bridal Sampler quilt was very time-consuming and not my 'cup of tea'.  It seemed to take forever to paper piece the various parts.  I think it would have been faster to make half-square triangles but it's done and I'm glad of it.  

That square took me the better part of 6 hours to get it put together, but I am also trying to read for 2 - 3 hours a day and I'm making some Norwegian slippers.  What? you ask.

I fell in love with these slippers as soon as I saw them.... and I'm not a knitter.  However, they didn't look that tough.... just knitting 8 squares, then performing origami to get them to look like slippers.  Washing them in hot water felts them so they're thick and luxurious.




So, one is done.  I had to felt it at once rather than wait to do both of them because I didn't want to take the time to make two slippers if they didn't come out right.  Believe me, looking at the knitted slipper before felting absolutely didn't look right.











Anyway, now I'm working on the other slipper.   Go here to get the pattern and make your own.  I'm sure they're very fast for an actual knitter to make.... takes me days to do one, never mind two of these.  But I like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment