Tuesday, September 10, 2013

As far as I got...and Life!

This is all I've done on my latest quilt, so now I have a couple (2) of quilts I have to work on after I complete this one. My dd likes the colors so I want to get it done first. Then I won't start anything else until I get those other two (or 3) done. lol

I do like the orange fabric I'm using for sashing but I have to carve out some time to get the rest of the blocks sashed. Not an easy job. It's my grandson's 14th birthday tomorrow; can't wait for the partay!!

My dd spent a week in the San Francisco area visiting with her brother, his wife and her nephew and nieces. She had a great time swimming every day in the pool, shopping, and chatting up the kids.
About a week later she went to see her gynecological oncologist, who thankfully is letting her return to work on October 1st. Dd still tires easily but is looking forward to getting back to her customers and co-workers, who have all been rooting for her during her ovarian cancer fight. L's hair is starting to grow, too, which is a great picker-upper for her. Dr. Gray said dd had a 5% chance of living for 5 years. I am pooh-poohing that prediction. There are great advances being made and L has a fighting spirit! She goes on a list for a stem cell trial in 2014 when it starts; she has to be off chemo for 6 months though in order to be accepted. I know she'll make it!

I have a new fish but haven't named him yet. He's very handsome and comes to see me when I feed him. He learned pretty fast about the 'food drop'.

So, next time I hope to be able to show you a completed top. 










No comments:

Post a Comment